We are going to cover a lot of ground in this course on one of my favorites topics; Beer.
We'll be diving deep into the world of Beer Ingredients, Brewing Processes, Beer Classification, Beer Styles, Beer Evaluation, Beer Glassware and Beer Pronunciation. And have a lot of fun while we are at it.
Hi, I’m Marty Nachel.
Author of "Beer for Dummies" and "Homebrewing for Dummies."
Professional beer judge and beer educator.
I teach college level courses on the Business of Craft Beer in Illinois, and I was a Draught Master and trainer for the Heineken Brand.
I'm going to teach you everything about Beer that I educate thousands of students on at school and in person workshops, right here - for a lot less.
From the comfort of your computer, we are going to break down all the language, styles, and mystery surrounding this beloved beverage.
And at the end of this course, you'll have the confidence to call yourself a Beer Master.
- Beer Glassware Introduction (0:50)
- Always Decant - Never Freeze (2:27)
- Beer Glassware as Marketing Tool (1:42)
- Beer Glassware as Competition Implement (5:54)
- Historical and Traditional Beer Vessels (6:36)
- Proper Glassware for Beer Evaluation (5:16)
- New Age Beer Glassware (4:14)
- Proper Care of Beer Glassware (5:02)
- How to Evaluate Beer Introduction (0:47)
- Objectivity vs. Subjectivity (1:17)
- Hedonic Judging vs. Critical Judging (1:40)
- Human Physiology (1:58)
- Sequential Steps (5:17)
- Beer Styles (6:29)
- How to Evaluate Beer (2:22)
- Beer Evaluation Preparation (1:14)
- Beer Judging Tools (2:37)
- Other Learning Opportunities (1:49)
- Introduction to Beer Style Origins (1:18)
- Belgian Beer (2:04)
- Belgian Beer Breakdown (1:25)
- Belgian Beer Styles (1:18)
- Trappist vs Abbey (2:20)
- German Beer (1:27)
- German Beer Fests (2:28)
- German Hops (1:19)
- German Beer Styles (3:03)
- German Beer Regionality (3:54)
- New Lecture
- British Beer (4:23)
- Real Ale (2:54)
- British Hops (1:00)
- British Beer Styles (1:44)